This morning at around 3am a tenement building on East Broadway caught fire.At 29 East Broadway, flames went up.  The building has 12 apartments and around 24 residents.  These people are temporarily displaced and are under the care of the Red Cross.  The Red Cross has temporarily provided accomdations at a local hotel.

They suspect that the fire was caused by an electrical problem.  Luckily no people were hurt.  Interestingly but sadly a pet wolverine and rabbit perished in the fire.  (FYI it is illegal to keep wolverines as pets).

It was also just last week that there was a fire on Oliver Street that seriously injured 6 firefighters.