The American Cancer Society Relay for Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. The mission of Relay for Life is to Celebrate, Remember and Fight Back!
At Relay For Life, we celebrate the victory of survivors through the Survivor Lap, remember the one who passed away through the Luminaria Ceremony, and fight back against the cancer as a whole community through the Fight Back Ceremony. There are also a variety of programs throughout the event including health education, games, performances, food and merchandise sales.
On the day of relay:
* Be inspired by and cheer on the cancer survivors as they complete their Survivors’ Lap
* Cheer us on or help us win the dumpling eating contest, tug of war, relay race, scavenger hunt,
and all sorts of other fun games
* Hang out with us under the team tent and help us sell stuff and meet new people
* Participate in a speed dating relay!
* Pack a picnic and chill out while being entertained by the performances planned on the main stage
* Stay for the luminaria ceremony and pay your respects to those we’ve lost to cancer
* Get free health screenings and learn more about how you can get involved in the fight against cancer
* It’s a park, so just come and play!
Saturday, June 26, 2010